Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 71

Thread: all district football

  1. #41
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: all district football

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: starbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree sup-rbeast.</div></div>
    I'll disagree. Norton didn't have the O-Line to run a power kind of game but the linemen were very effective in holding the block long enough to give the skill players the edge. That became very evident when we played CW. we needed to be able to move people. We still had the skill positons but CW just matched our line play perfect. a TEAM win and loses together. could we have ran the bone and moved players out of the way? more times than not but we run the type of game we have people for.
    I've said it many times. When I played we were in the wrong offense to suit what we had and we were a bottom dweller. When the team changed the style of play to suit our personel then we started to build something in the early 90's </div></div>
    JIB ran around the line 90% of the time...my mamaw could hold a block long enough for that.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #42
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: all district football

    Here's the All-CMD team's list...

    FIRST TEAM OFFENSE
    C - Quinton Jones - Gate City
    G - Lukas Addison - Lebanon
    G - Frankie Cooper - Lee
    G - Jason Begley - Gate City
    T - Tyler Frasier - Gate City
    T - J.L. Kegley - Lebanon
    TE - Nick Stapleton - Lee
    WR - Scottie Woliver - Lee
    WR - Steve Martin - Lebanon
    WR - Saige Evans - John Battle
    RB - Drew Helbert - Lebanon
    RB - Damon Dock - Virginia High
    RB - Tyler Graham - Lee
    FB - Dan McClanahan - Lebanon
    QB - Tihlee Anderson - Gate City
    P - Ian Frye - Virginia High

    FIRST TEAM DEFENSE
    DE - Daniel McClanahan - Lebanon
    DE - Cameron Browder - Gate City
    DL - John Heckford - Lebanon
    DL - Owen Franklin - Gate City
    DL - A.J. Johnson - Gate City
    LB - Nick Stapleton - Lee
    LB - Marcus Smith - Lebanon
    LB - John Paul Lewis - Virginia High
    LB - Dustin Clark - Gate City
    DB - Dustin Jones - Gate City
    DB - Steve Martin - Lebanon
    DB - Trey Clark - Gate City
    DB - Anthony Jones - Virginia High
    K - Ked Boyd - Gate City
    RET - Tihlee Anderson - Gate City

    COACHING STAFF OF THE YEAR
    Gate City

    LINEMAN OF THE YEAR
    Daniel McClanahan - Lebanon
    Tyler Frazier - Gate City

    BACK OF THE YEAR
    Dustin Jones - Gate City
    Tihlee Anderson - Gate City

    DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR
    Daniel McClanahan - Lebanon

    OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR
    Tihlee Anderson - Gate City

    SECOND TEAM OFFENSE
    C - Brett Taylor - Lebanon
    G - Tyler Callahan - Virginia High
    T - Lucas Smith - Lebanon
    T - Conner Selfe - Virginia High
    TE - Justin Lopez - Virginia High
    WR - Anthony McCoy - Virginia High
    WR - Anthony Jones - Virginia High
    WR - Nick Sproles - John Battle
    RB - Joseph Vaughn - Gate City
    RB - Michael Johnson - John Battle
    RB - Jerome Cobb - Lebanon
    FB - Shaka Andrew - Virginia High
    QB - Tyler Mullins - Lee
    P - Dustin Jones - Gate City

    SECOND TEAM DEFENSE
    DE - Brandon Mullins - Lee
    DE - Jeremy Dotson - Virginia High
    DL - Jamie Lawson - Lee
    DL - Colby Amos - John Battle
    DL - Trea Wagnor - Virginia High
    LB - Cole Rutherford - Lee
    LB - Shaka Andrew - Virginia High
    LB - Lucas Smith - Lebanon
    LB - Michael Johnson - John Battle
    DB - Josh Doss - John Battle
    DB - Bob Jones - Lebanon
    DB - Charlieo Bradley - Virginia High
    DB - Scottie Woliver - Lee
    K - Jed Owen - John Battle
    RET- Drew Helbert - Lebanon

    HONORABLE MENTION

    LEE HIGH
    Ross Pettey
    Jimmy Shoemaker
    Tanner Byington
    Michael Rutledge
    Patrick Johnson

    JOHN BATTLE
    Jacob Smith
    Aaron Johnson
    Jerimiah Denton
    Aaron Roe
    Casey Booher

    VIRGINIA HIGH
    Josh Locklear

    GATE CITY
    John Kern
    Eric Hutchins
    Tuler Tiller
    Seth Clark
    Will Godsey
    Dustin Olson
    Daniel Jonas
    Logan Russell
    Aaron Stokes

    LEBANON
    Andy Witt
    Tarell Lee
    Tyler Orr

  3. #43
    Inactive Member BORNRED's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2005
    Posts
    139
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: all district football

    burton should switch to the type of offense that franklin ran,man were they something to watch.

  4. #44
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: all district football

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: starbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree sup-rbeast.</div></div>
    I'll disagree. Norton didn't have the O-Line to run a power kind of game but the linemen were very effective in holding the block long enough to give the skill players the edge. That became very evident when we played CW. we needed to be able to move people. We still had the skill positons but CW just matched our line play perfect. a TEAM win and loses together. could we have ran the bone and moved players out of the way? more times than not but we run the type of game we have people for.
    I've said it many times. When I played we were in the wrong offense to suit what we had and we were a bottom dweller. When the team changed the style of play to suit our personel then we started to build something in the early 90's </div></div>

    I guess I should have quoted sup-rbeast. I wasnt talking about JIBs line. I was referring to how they pick the all district teams. 1st, 2nd, and HM should be picked the way I listed above is what I am talking about.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #45
    Inactive Member Indian09's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: all district football

    Norton having two linemen is a joke.
    Reeking of awesomeness!

  6. #46
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: all district football

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cantrell not getting first team is pretty bad. The kid was all over the field all season. I personally wouldn't have gave Pinkston second team QB either, however I felt he deserved first team punter. </div></div>
    I agree Cantrell should have been 1st team and Pinkston should have been punter
    It was good to see Miller on the 1st team for DB. I called that one a few weeks ago .
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  7. #47
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: all district football

    Tihlee Anderson should be 1st team DB too
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  8. #48
    Inactive Member russell72's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2007
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: all district football

    i still dont understand how will godsey got defensive lineman of the year, when he doesnt even play a position on the line.

    I would have to say it should have went to either JD Bevel or Russell Hull of clintwood

  9. #49
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: all district football

    A lot of districts classify the linebackers in with the DL for defensive lineman of the year. Some have placed them in with the DB for DB of the year. It can work either way, but why not just pick a single defensive player of the year? That would make the most sense.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #50
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: all district football

    Stuff is a joke really, it's all a big political process thats full of bs. LPD Forum should select 10 people let them vote on it and it'd be as accurate imo.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •